Saturday, September 02, 2006

Insomina

Insomnia

Al Pacino. This oldie and shortie has never ceased to amaze me. I am always like that Ellie Burr girl (the character played by Hillary Swank in Insomnia) whenever I get to watch him. The insider was the first movie of him recommended to me. Couldn't sit through the movie. Either it was my mood that day that I was very tired, or it was too heavy for my taste. I didn't watch the movie and did not have any idea about him, until I watched The Devil's Advocate. The next one was The Recruit. Other than the reasons I have mentioned here, I liked the recruit for Al Pacino and for Colin Farrel. (I have seen Colin Farrel in the Phone booth and became his fan instantly). Then it was The Scent of a Woman, which I would recommend as a must watch.

Insomina as such is an alright kind of movie, if you consider the fact that it is from the Director of Memento. If you didn't know that, it was again an alright kind of movie if you consider the heavy star cast... Al Pacino, Hillary Swank, Robbin Williams.

I must mention about Hillary Swank here. I have seen her in Terror in the family, a film made for TV, and instantly I related myself to her. I don't know whether it was her looks, or it was her anger or it was her violent way of reacting (expressing)... (no. I did not abuse my parents).... as rightly said in this review of this movie, the title was misleading. The girl was a victim herself. Then one day I read in the news that she has bagged oscars!! She is a one talented girl, that I have seen for sure.


OK, coming back to Insomnia,
The place was very scenic.
The mist reminded me of my Kerla days.
When Al Pacino and Robbin Williams were shown together for the first time, the way Al Pacino was looking at Robbin Williams, I thought, that "I am gonna eat you, spit out and have coffe after that", kind of look.. Robbin williams looked soo poochi in front of Al Pacino. What a powerful face, eyes, voice (that voice).. This shortie makes the character, and the movie powerful just by being there.

Watching Al Pacino, Hillary Swank, and the place, are very enjoyable and for that reason one can consider this movie as a must watch. Otherwise as I have mentioned above, it is a great movie, but nothing special.

As always, read others comments for plot outline and good reviews.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home