Thursday, September 21, 2006

Instinct

Must watch, just for that one scene when Anthony Hopkins asks Cuba Gooding Jr "What have you lost? What have I taken from you?".

I have no idea why they selected Anthony Hopkins to play this role, it is not that I don't like him, I am an ardent fan of him since my Meet Joe Black day, I just was curious to know what made one to think of him to play this role, as I always thought Anthony Hopkins fits for sophi roles than this rough guy. Haven't seen Silence of the Lambs or Hannibal/Red Dragon so, I don't know his rough acts. Cuba Gooding is wonderful and his eyes fit exactly the description "The look in your eyes; curious, not satisfied, slightly pissed off...". :) All his "eye" acts are very nice.

Gorilla deserves an Oscar. Particularly for that dieing scene.

Must watch.

10 Comments:

Blogger Boston Bala said...

very very short review.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Premalatha said...

Balaji,

I don't review normally. I just write what I feel about that movie.

Secondly, I don't want to be caught in that "http://gilli.in/2006/09/21/1959/" :)

I do write big reviews if I have time and I really feel like writing. :)

10:45 PM  
Blogger phantom363 said...

hi, back in my college days, used to see 100 movies a year (kept count too) in madras. of late have lost interest in movies. more into reading and reading blogs :)

but saw 'silence of the lambs' on video when it was released with uma (wife) & suzie (neighbour). we had to take breaks every 1/2 hour or less. it was THAT scary. atleast it felt that way on that winter night and after a few (quite a few) glasses of wine. :)

cheers. will try to look up this one. :)

3:12 PM  
Blogger Premalatha said...

Hi phantom,

It is not a flawless movie, but good one to watch and it feeds the thinking minds for some time. :)

12:43 PM  
Blogger R Kamal said...

it is good to write short.i like the movie as well.you should watch silence of the lambs..if u like hopkins.thats the role u wouldnt expect him to play.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Premalatha said...

Thank you Kamal Anjelo. I will try to watch Silence of the Lambs. That role was written for Gene Hackman the say, don't they? But, I can't picture GH in that role either. Should watch the movie for sure. thanks.

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even the book was scary! Try watching Hannibal, if possible!

As for Gene Hackman, neither can I!

1:34 AM  
Blogger Premalatha said...

Try watching Hannibal, if possible!

I should. I have Red Dragon but I want to watch Hannibal first. I should. I should. :)

12:26 PM  
Blogger Premalatha said...

Hi Jay,

Just watched Red dragon. Didn't realise before that this was the first of the Hannibal series. Wow. Ants does do very well in horror-acts, doesn't he?

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home